Queens’ College is a large and complex community. 总统 and 研究员 are the senior members of College. 的 官方的家伙 and Professorial 研究员 form the Governing Body of Queens’; they hold meetings to discuss and vote on all major College decisions. 委员会, 形成的家伙, staff members and student representatives, often manage day-to-day College business and report to the Governing Body.
的re are two groups that represent Queens’ students: the Junior Combination Room (JCR), for undergraduate students, 和 Middle Combination Room (MCR), for postgraduate students. 的 other main group of current College members are the staff, who work across a number of departments to support all aspects of College life.
- 总统 is the head of the College, chairs the Governing Body and represents Queens’ interests within the University.
- 官方的家伙 & Professorial 研究员 deliver much of the teaching within College, are voting members of the Governing Body and are Trustees of the charity.
- Bye-研究员 are also teaching 研究员, but are not members of the Governing Body.
- 荣誉研究员 are appointed in recognition of significant achievement in their chosen field.
- Junior Research 研究员 are early-career researchers.
- 的平民 are honorary titles given to people who consistently help the College in a variety of ways.
- Fellow Benefactors are honorary titles bestowed in recognition of a major benefaction.
- PDRAs are not 研究员, but researchers in the University at postdoctoral level. Currently we have the Blavatnik Postdoctoral Research Associates 和 Rokos Postdoctoral Research Associates.
- 教学 Associates assist the 研究员 with undergraduate teaching across all subjects and are guests in the SCR.
高级成员 of College are entitled to membership of the Senior Combination Room (SCR).
All students studying for graduate-level qualifications such as Masters courses or a PhD are entitled to membership of the Middle Combination Room (MCR). 的 MCR委员会 represents the graduate students of Queens’ on College committees (including sending a representative to Governing Body meetings), 组织活动, provides welfare and support to students and has a 网站 to share information with current and prospective students.
All undergraduate students at Queens’ are eligible for membership of the Junior Combination Room (JCR). 的 JCR委员会 represents undergraduate students on College committees, 组织活动, provides welfare and support and has its 自己的网站.
的 activities of the College are supported by staff (and 研究员) across various departments.
- 的 Admissions Office is responsible for undergraduate applications to Queens’ 和 admissions process.
- 的 Tutorial Department covers all aspects of teaching, learning and welfare for current students.
- 的会计员的 & 财务办公室 deal with all financial matters in College and manage the non-educational aspects of the College.
- 校友 & Development Office is the contact point for students after they graduate. In addition to maintaining contact with alumni, the Development Office also undertakes fundraising to support the College's activities.
- 守门的 are predominantly responsible for safety within College (including First Aid). 守门的' Lodge is also responsible for managing the entrance to College, providing directions and answering general enquiries.
- 的 餐饮 Department runs the cafeteria and all College dining.
- 的 Housekeeping Department is predominantly responsible for the cleaning and general upkeep of the College-owned student accommodation and other College facilities, both on the main site and at other sites in 剑桥.
- 的 Maintenance Department is responsible for maintaining the College buildings and repairs to the fabric of the building.
- 园丁, 体育ground and Boathouse staff maintain the College's estates, both on the main site and beyond.